Friday, October 21, 2011

Mom of the Year right here!

This morning when I got off work, I was rushing and in my haste forgot to stop at Kroger to pick up a few things so Evan could pack his lunch. Gus had enough for his, but Evan is super finicky.  He kind of whined, then asked me to look up on the school menu what they were having. I totally forgot and sent him off on his merry way. Later, I looked at the school lunch calendar and realized they were having Mexican Pizza. (THAT SOUNDED AWESOME to me, but I knew Evan was going to be bummed and would forgo lunch, yet again.)

I made a decision right then to do something my mom would have NEVER done in a million years.  I skipped my much anticipated slumber (night shift workers can understand how big a sacrifice this is!!!) and turned my car into his school parking lot.  I pranced into the office and told the staff that I wanted to take my son out to lunch as a surprise. I was giddy with the knowledge that Evan was going to be on cloud nine. He was. He picked Mickey D's, of course and he had a blast. He told me about a bazillion times that this was the best school day ever and I was the best mom in the world. Yep. Today I agree :)

No comments: