Monday, April 20, 2009

Gus. Whoa, nelly!


These past 2 weeks have been a whirlwind. Well, actually-more like a level 3 tornado. The boys have been bananas! Gus has decided that sleeping is a waste of precious time. No sooner do we tuck him in, before we are tripping over him in the living room! He can climb outta bed, turn off his noise maker, turn on his light and get out the door before we have barely closed the silly thing! What do I do?!??! I keep putting him back in bed and telling him he MUST obey. I have sat with him. I have rubbed his head. I have spanked. I have sat ON him. I have cried. I have given him a pacifier back. EVERYTHING! Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!


This morning he snuck past me while I was drinking my morning joe and went into my bedroom, shutting the door behind him. I peeked in at him only to find him cuddled up in my bed. I gently shut the door and prayed he was going to bed (since he only slept 5 1/2 hours last night!) When I crept over 5 minutes later-certain he would be slumbering-instead I found him with my eye glasses bent and horribly askew (upside down) on the bridge of his nose. AHHHHHH!!!!! Help me!

2 comments:

shell said...

i wish i had some advice!! when tommy and hunter were little, we put a baby lock on the inside of the door so they could not escape. that is all i got for ya!!

Janae said...

You are one amazing mom to have two boys! Z is such a handful for me--I'm not used to endless energy and constant messes! Aubrey is all girl, he's all boy. Wish I had some advice for you too--but you'll figure it out. Hopefully it's just a phase?! And I can't wait to see you for breakfast. It's been WAY too long!