Saturday, March 28, 2009

Broken things.




We've had a rough few weeks. Craig's aunt died, the boys and Craig were sick and that was fun....The worst stuff was Wednesday though. I woke up to Gus crying for me in his room. I jumped out of my bed and slipped on water. I was so confused! Why was there water in my bedroom floor? I turned on my light and realized that my bedroom, closet and bathroom were completely flooded. I started throwing towels, blankets and clothes down to sop up the water without knowing even where the water was coming from. Finally I looked up and noticed my ceiling was wet. I ran upstairs to check on my elderly neighbor who lives in the condo above us. I was worried she ran bathwater and had a heart attack or something terrible. Thank goodness that wasn't the case! She's fine, but she went to bed without her hearing aids and didn't hear her toilet overflowing ALL NIGHT!!!!!

Long story short, we now are missing parts of 4 walls, 2 ceilings and our pergo in our bedroom is completely gone. We can't live there, so we are staying with family. In the midst of all this, our washing machine broke, so I couldn't clean any of the nasty laundry and then I accidently Gus's heel in the hinge of the heavy door to our condo building while getting Evan on the bus that day. (I fractured his little foot, but PRAISE JESUS we didn't have to get a cast put on!) We are doing much better and I am thankful for our wonderful family and friends and their prayers. I know God knows what he's doing and I am just going to trust that all the insurance stuff will work out and cover the damage. Sorry this was so long!

No comments: