Thursday, October 28, 2010

I love my friends...and soup!

I have been blessed to become fast friends with a group of ladies I met at Fitworks. I call them my "gym ladies", but really we are more like "support team/group therapy ladies"! We've been thru alot together including, but not limited to MELT DOWN MAMAtime, scary pregnancy (triplets!!! What's scarier? HAHA!), deaths in the family, one of the ladies moving (TO TURKEY!!?!?!?) and all sorts of other stuff. What's amazing is that we've just grown closer during this time and always make it a priority to get together even if it's only once a month. I love them. (And though it could be argued that I have plenty of sisters already....these girls feel like mine.)

Tuesday we all met at Sarah's house and had our second annual soup party. Would it be arrogant to say that all us mamas are darn fine cooks? We had the most amazing salad, two delicious soups, YUMMY pumpkin chip cupcakes, pumpkin spice coffeecake, panera bread asiago bagels, mimosas, cider and cheesecake! Oh my!
As we always tend to do, we overcooked! It was fine because we could all take home some extras!

Although I enjoyed having Marjie there (She's Ju's bestie since high school who has become like a little sis to me and is also the triplet's nanny)
and I got to meet Janae's new bundle of joy, Corynne- the highlight of the day was definitely the wind storm. It really puts it into perspective how much you are loved when your friend (Sarah in this instance) was shooing us all into the basement to ensure that we would all survive the terrible storm.  It really was wild.  Probably seven adults, 8 children and Bailey the shivering shih-tzu, were all cuddled up in the basement.

The kids were none the wiser, and I really enjoyed chatting on the couch with my girls :)

1 comment:

sarah said...

um....its time to blog my dear, it is oct. 28th...that was the last one...it is the middle of nov. and I have no idea whats going on in your life. : )