Saturday, December 20, 2008

No, our neighbor is not THAT old!

Yesterday, Evan and I were reading the Bible. He wanted me to read-not retell various stories in the Good Book. We started with The Christmas story, followed by Jesus walking on water and ended with Noah building the Arc. He was asking the cutest questions and REALLY seemed to be getting into it. When we were finished, he continued on with searching thru the Bible. He turned to the back (where the maps are) and asked me where Kentucky was. I told him Kentucky didn't exsist yet, and that all those maps were of Europe and Africa.


He sat there for a minute and asked, "What do you think Jesus looked like?" I told him he was darker than us, probably with black or very dark brown hair. I told him that it was what most people looked like where he lived. He asked why we didn't look like that. I had to go into the whole spiel about our ancestors coming over from Europe and how that was much later than when Jesus lived. I had to tell him about the American Indians and all that stuff too. LONG TALK! I really thought Evan understood what I was talking about until he asked me if I thought Brenda, (our neighbor who is in her 60's), remembered Jesus! I told him she was much too young for that and then he said he bet she at least remembered coming over here on the boat! HAHAHAHA!!!

No comments: