Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sorry I have been a terrible blogger.

So, nothing exciting is going on. Between the boys and Craig, our house has become an infirmary. Starting January 1st the rounds of illness began. Gus didn't eat for a week, got croup, which led to an ear infection-causing his eardrum to burst. Evan got the cold from Gus's croup, then an ear infection. Craig got the cold from Gus's croup, which turned into possible pneumonia, definitely an ear infection and a busted eardrum. Whoo hoo. I am the only one to pass this unscathed. I am a nurse both at home and away for the moment.

All that aside. Things are just lovely. Craig and I are doing great. Kids are benefiting from our happy home.

Here's two cute things Evan said this week:

Evan and Craig were out in the living room yesterday, while I was attempting to rest. The history channel was on tv. It must have gotten Evan thinking..... "Dad? Did they have electricity when you were a kid?"
*****************************************
I was washing dishes one day, looking haggard. (Taking care of a sick family is no small feat!) Evan walks up to me, holding a mirror. He said," Do you see what I see?" I asked what he saw. "The most beautiful girl in all the world!"
*****************************************

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Awww! I love me some Evan! Will you trade him for Avery?