Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh how I despise the word fart. (ack!)


The other morning, I was lying in bed and Evan came in to use my bathroom. I heard him "toot." Then I heard him chuckle.

E: "Oops. I farted."
Me: "Evan. Do not say that word. It's gross!"
E: (totally ignoring my request and missing the point!) "What? I always fart when I pee."
Me: "Evan! Cut it out! I can't stand that word!"
E: (closing his eyes and inhaling deeply) "Ahhh. I love the smell of fresh fart in the morning!"

AAAAAH! What a little stinker! (Pardon the pun.) I was caught so off guard that I laughed and totally forgot to scold him for not listening to my demands. That kid just kills me!

BTW- Am I wrong? What do you teach a little boy to say when he passes gas? My husband thinks I am a dork for calling it tooting.

What should he say?
I:
stinkered?
passed gas?
shot a bunny?
cut the cheese?
broke wind?
have flatus?
pooted?
have thunderpants?
laid an air biscuit?
let one rip?
stepped on a frog?

I am all out of ideas on this ridiculous subject...but definitely open for suggestions! :)

3 comments:

shell said...

oh i SO agree with you-I HATE the word fart!!!!! we call it tooted, which i swore i NEVER would because I hated when my mom called it that! stay strong! :)

Janae said...

Evan is SO funny! We call it tooting and farting around here, but I prefer "toot" too. :)

Shannon said...

both kids and Justin say fart and I'm always correcting them with "toot". But I may be changing to laid an air biscuit!!!