Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bedtime prayers

Lately, as they boys and I are doing our bedtime prayers, Gus has decided God is in the business of granting wishes.  He starts out with "Dear God way up in the stars" or something just as goofy and then lets his list fly! Here's a few:
-"Um, God, I wish that everybody in town was robots and you got fired." (Yeah...I was not a fan of that one!)
-"God, I reallllllllly wish we lived in a big, giant cupcake."
-" I wish I lived on a boat with an elephant and he could sleep in my bed"

So, needless to say, a talk was in order! Craig and I always tell the boys that God is in their hearts, and also in everything around us in the whole entire world.  Tonight, as Gus was laying down, he asked me, "Mom? Is this where my heart is?" (He was patting his chest.) "Yes dear, that's your heart." "So....that's where God is? And Jesus? They both fit in there? I must have a big heart!"  (Then he leaned with his chin to chest and whispered) "Good night God and Jesus....sorry you're smooshed!"

Ahhhh....he is the funniest!

No comments: