Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So proud of my boy!

Today Evan came home from school and immediately asked Craig and I if he could go door to door to all of our neighbors and ask them for money.  Knowing him as we do-we knew this could be for a multitude of reasons...so we didn't even try to guess. Evan then handed me a packet of paper and explained that he wanted to participate in JumpRope for Heart, an event at school geared towards raising money for the American Heart Association to help kids with heart conditions.

 He proceeded to email all of our family and then ran into his bedroom. He came back with his piggy bank and a screwdriver. He told me that he wanted to give all his money to help kids with heart disease. With all his money (really only about $60) he figured he could save a thousand kids lives!
 Ah....I love this boy! He has the sweetest heart. I let him donate $10 and then told him we'd help him raise the rest. He is so special and I couldn't be more proud!

He asked for my help to set up a web page. He began to fill all the info out himself. Imagine my surprise when he added a zero to the default fundraising goal of $100! Yeah. He wants to raise $1000 dollars :)  The entire school's goal is only $2500! We lowered it to $300, because you can always overshoot that goal-but I really wanted him to feel accomplished when he met the goal and not bummed if he doesn't.  So far, he has raised $170 with the help of FB and family!

If you'd like to help Evan raise money for the AHA JumpRope for Heart, you can follow this link: http://honor.americanheart.org/site/TR/JumpforHeart/GRA-GreatRiversAffiliate?px=2761974&pg=personal&fr_id=1439

No comments: