Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ever had a day like this?




I love my kids. And I absolutely love being a mom. That said, there are days I wish I could just lay in bed and not get out. I literally dream of sinking into my mattress, loaded with my soft quilt, flannel sheets and down pillows and feel the fan cooling my toes peeking out beneath the blankets. I want no responsibility. No noise! No sticky fingers grabbing at my nose. No tushies that need to be wiped. No husband asking where the scissors are. No 5 year old cutting up my couch with the scissors daddy provided....



Hmm....How's this for irony? The boys are the ones in my bedroom right now. Gus is just waking up from his nap and Evan must be entertainging him. Gus is squealing with delight. I imagine Evan is playing peekaboo. Maybe he is even underneath my soft, cuddly quilt. Perhaps he's even pillow-fighting with the down pillows....More likely though, he is cutting something up with those darn scissors! Ahhh!!! Better go check on the babes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think all moms feel like that! (and most of us, quite often!) I encourage you to just sit quietly and enjoy this time. They are so young, but it goes by fast-trust me!

I'll be praying for you!