Monday, September 15, 2008

Walking with Jami


Gus and I went up to Mason Elementary for the Susan G Komen Race for the cure. A bunch of my friends met up to walk with our friend Jami. She is such an amazing woman. She has been through so much the past two years...I can't even believe how strong she is! She just had a nasty reaction to chemo this past week and the skin peeled off the bottom of her feet. We all said we would carry her or push her or whatever was needed to get her thru the 5k. Well, she walked the whole thing! I even saw her run! (That's her in the picture with me.)

After the race I went home to watch the Bengals and we had the worst wind storm I have ever seen! Some places nearby registered 82 mph winds! The siding is gone on the side of my mother in laws house, my dad lost shingles off his and our garbage cans ended up about 30 yards into the woods! I am thankful though, that we have electricity. I know so many people are out.

No comments: