Friday, November 7, 2008

Go ahead and smack my hands...

I need it. I am terrible! Two noteworthy things happened already and I just got off work 2 1/2 hours ago!

1) I know all children are different. I know I can't compare them....But sometimes the enemy creeps in and gets my mind all mixed up.

Evan has always been a talker. Ever since he was 8 months old and he muttered "mmm boob" at church (Yeah. I ended up nursing him till he was two!) that boy has talked nonstop! Gus, not so much. He just doesn't say alot. This morning, when I got off work, I climbed into bed waiting for the boys to wake up. The wheels started churning in my mind. He's 17 months! Shouldn't he be talking more? I know he understands....Could something be going on with him?

Well right as Craig was about to leave for work, he came into our room and dropped a very pop-tart smelling Gus onto my quilt. As he leaned over to kiss us both, Gus said, "bye Daddy!" I know it's not much-but IT WAS! I know God gave me that moment to knock some sense in me!

2) This morning while I was drinking my morning coffee (and trying to watch The Office from last night), the boys were playing in my room . They love my bed for some reason! After a few minutes, Evan came out and said, "I just rescued Gus. He almost fell off the bed. That's what I'm going to do when I grow up. I'll be a baby brother-sister watcher. I'll watch them so their mommies can get a break and watch tv!" HAHA! Talk about convicted. So, I turned off the boob tube and played with the boys. Gus is down for his nap now....so I don't feel so bad being on the computer!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

How sweet. Both Evan and the little reminders God sends our way. We're both very blessed!