Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fishing for Spiderman

Monday Evan had a field trip to Benton Farms and I chaperoned. I should have known it was going to be a wild ride right off the bat. A few kids started singing that song
" I have something in my pocket,
it belongs upon my face,
I keep it very close to me
in a most convenient place"

Well, Evan and a few others had never heard the song before. You are supposed to guess what the children have in their pocket. The correct answer is a great big smile. See if you can guess which one is Evan!
"cheese!"
"an apple!"
"chocolate?"
"Do you have a banana in your pocket?"

Yep. Why does MY kid have to be the one to ask that? :)

Then we get to the farm and there is a jersey milk cow who happened to be brown and white. Evan raised his hand when the farmer asked what she made. "CHOCOLATE MILK!!!!!" Um, I wish! It was so funny!

Fast forward several hours to bedtime. Evan was brushing his teeth and came out into the living room screaming, "Oh no! MY TOOTHBRUSH WENT DOWN THE DRAIN! I was playing sink or float and it sunk and went down the drain!" No joke. Craig and I spent 10 minutes trying to dig it out with a knife and fondue skewer before I realized that we could hook part of it (spiderman's arm) with the fishing pole! HAHA! You shoulda seen Craig fishing for that silly toothbrush!

It worked, though. Ah....life with sons is NEVER boring!

No comments: