Monday, October 6, 2008

Love and respect!

Let me preface this by saying that I know I shouldn't have said it. Let me also say that it is nothing to joke about, but Evan DID know I was teasing him. There! Maybe you will dislike me less now... :)

Evan knows a few children who have divorced parents. For some reason this interests him in unfathomable ways. He talks about it all the time! So...Saturday night he brought it up again. He was telling C and I that if we got divorced he would have two rooms.

C: Evan! You don't want mommy and me to get divorced
E: (with a smile) Uh huh! Then I would have somewhere to put my toys!
C: So, you wouldn't miss me if I didn't live with you?
E: Hello??!!? I would come visit!

That converstion was in the back of my mind last night. I was trying to put Evan in bed and he said he always watches a little tv AFTER Daddy gets home. THEN he goes to bed. (Here comes my naughty portion...)

Me: But Daddy isn't coming home tonight.
E: Yes he is!
Me: Nah...we got that divorce thing you were talking about last night.
E: (giggling) Nu-uh! You're teasing!
Me: Nope. Daddy found another girl he thought was prettier than me.
E: Now I know you're joking!
Me: Why?
E: Because THERE IS NO GIRL PRETTIER THAN YOU!

I just love that boy! He just woke up and climbed in my bed to give me a kiss. He said, "Today I am going to give you love and respect. Just love and respect!" Then he moved over so Gus could come say hi. Gussie leaned in for what promised to be a very slobbery kiss and proceeded to clamp down in what I assume was an attempt to rip my lower lip from my face! OUCH!

Ahhh, Such is the life of the mother of boys. One second they are breaking your heart and the next they are making you swoon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Evan is so sweet! I need to see him again. And Gussie bit your lip? Hopefully that isn't the start of anything new.... Biting is a hard habit to break!